Akron Children’s Hospital seeks a Director of Genetics!
Ohio based Akron Children’s Hospital seeks a medical geneticist lead its growing genetics team. Akron Children’s Hospital is the largest pediatric healthcare system in Northeast Ohio and was recently named by Modern Healthcare as the fastest growing children’s hospital in the nation!
Akron Children’s Hospital is nationally ranked by US News and World Report in eight pediatric specialties and is an integrated healthcare delivery system that includes:
· Two free-standing pediatric hospitals
· 700 providers, who manage over 800,000 patient visits annually
· A network of 80 primary and specialty care locations
· Robust research and innovation endeavors
The Genetics Director will oversee the clinical and research activities of a well-established team of 4 clinical geneticists, 8 genetic counselors, a nurse and a dietician, who work collaboratively to treat a wide range of both adult and pediatric patients with varied genetic disorders in Akron Children's Hospital’s Genetic Center. The Center’s clinical services are supported in part by the Ohio Department of Health, as a Regional Comprehensive Genetics Center.
This position offers opportunities for:
· Active involvement in medical student and resident education; academic appointment at Northeast Ohio Medical University is available and commensurate with experience
· Research and innovation available through local universities and Austen BioInnovation Institute of Akron
· Partnership with an established team of geneticists and counselors affording exceptional work-life balance
· A predictable and stable compensation plan as well as bonus compensation
· A comprehensive benefit package
Requirements include MD, MD/PhD, or DO degree, board certification/eligibility by the American Board of Medical Genetics and the ability to obtain and active medical license in the state of Ohio. Individuals with training in either Pediatrics or Internal Medicine, with experience in medical genetics are encouraged to apply. Expertise in biochemical and/or molecular genetics is desired. The director must have demonstrated leadership experience.
To learn more, visit our website at www.akronchildrens.org or contact Jane Hensley, Physician Recruiter at 330-543-3015 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.